Tree-Nation ASBL (hereafter “Tree-Nation”, ”we” or “us”) is a non-profit organisation having its registered office at Avenue des Saisons 90, 1050 Bruxelles, registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under reference n°727.828.810, dedicated to endorse afforestation, agroforestry and reforestation projects worldwide with the aim to improve environmental, social, and economic conditions on the planet. For these purposes, Tree-Nation operates a website available on the following link : https://tree-nation.com (hereafter the “Site”).
Tree-Nation allows citizens and companies (hereafter “you” collectively “Users”) to make donations in order help Tree-Nation to plant trees in a selected panel of reforestation projects.
As is common practice with almost all websites this Site uses small amounts of data stored on your computer called “cookies” to collect information about how visitors use the Site. You can control what cookies, if any, are stored on your computer.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies are useful in many ways, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to remember when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how Users arrive at and use a website, or a user’s general location.
There are mainly four kinds of cookies:
- Session cookies last only for the session. They are erased when the user closes the web browser.
· Persistent cookies remain even after the session is closed. They are stored on a user’s hard drive until they expire (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies may be used to collect identifying information about the user, including web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website.
· First-party cookies belong to the website where you choose to go.
· Third-party cookies are fetched from a site whose content is retrieved indirectly for example through an image tag or a banner.
The majority of browsers support them. However, users can set their browsers to decline cookies, or they can delete their cookies at will.
2. What type of cookies do we use?
We are using:
- Technical cookies
These cookies enable a good communication and are intended to facilitate your navigation;
- Analytics and Statistical Analysis cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
3. How to control cookies?
At any time, you can block, delete or enable cookies installed on your computer through the settings options of your browser. Be aware that removing or blocking certain cookies may make it impossible to browse properly or to use certain functions on the Site.
Below you will find more information on the most common browser settings. All allow you to manage the cookies that are installed on your computer or device. Browsers on mobile devices typically offer fewer customization options than computers.
- Google Chrome : follow the procedure indicated here
- Internet Explorer : follow the procedure indicated here
- Mozilla Firefox : follow the procedure indicated here
- Safari : follow the procedure indicated here
Note: If you make any changes, be aware that these have no effect on cookies that may have been stored on your computer before. You will have to delete them specifically.
5. Questions and suggestions
For any questions and suggestions, please use our contact us form.
Last modification: August 1st, 2019