1. Welcome to Tree-Nation
2. About your user account
To use some of the Site functionalities you will need to register and create a user account by providing your full name, your email and date of birth and by setting a password.
Your user account is personal, non-assignable and non-transferable. You should take all required steps to prevent the knowledge, access or use of your password by third parties, and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all the activity on your account. If you know or suspect that your password has been accessed or used by third parties, you should make us aware of such circumstance as soon as possible and change your password.
The information you provide in the registration process must be true and accurate and it is your responsability to keep it up to date. You will be solely responsible for all false and misleading information, as well as for any harms or damages that might result from your provision of false or misleading information.
To use the Site you must have reached the legal age of majority. Minors may use the site only with the express authorization of his/her parents or legal representatives, who will assume all legal responsibility for the minor’s use of the Services. It will be the responsibility of the minor to get his/her parents or legal representatives approval before proceeding to use the Site or contract Services from the Site.
3. Things you should not do in Tree-Nation
You are responsible for complying with the law when using the Site and Services and you must always use them in good faith. This is a non exaustive list of uses not allowed on the Site:
- Any use that might violate any laws or that might infringe on the rights of third-parties.
- The publication or transmission of any content that is violent, obscene, abusive, illegal, racist, xenophobic or defamatory.
- The publication or transmission of any content which appears to incite or stir up hatred against particular individuals, people, religions or cultures.
- Cracks, numbers of program series or any other content that would make vulnerable the intellectual property rights of third parties and/or those of Tree-Nation.
- The collection and/or use of any personal data of other users without their express consent or in contravention of the Spanish LO 15/1999, dated 13 December, regarding Personal Data Protection (LOPD).
- The use of any user account or email account provided by Tree-Nation to distribute Spam, mail bombs, phishing, escrow fraud or any other activity that might result in sabotage, fraud or any other crime or misdemeanour.
- Any abuse, harassment, threatening, impersonation or intimidation of other users of the Site.
- Any modification, adaptation or hacking of the Site, or any modification of any other website so as to imply falsely that it is associated with the Site.
- Also, as the Site is meant to be accessible by the whole family unit, Tree-Nation does not authorize the publication or transmission of any content that could be considered inappropiate for children.
3.1 All actions that interfere with Tree-Nation’s operations are strictly prohibited
- You are prohibited from entering into, modifying, visualizing the configuration, structure of or data included within Tree-Nation’s servers.
- You will bear full legal liability for any damage or harm that might result in Tree-Nation’s servers or security systems directly caused by your negligent intervention.
- You must respect all technical standards stated by Tree-Nation with regard to the administration and development of the Site or any services or products contracted therein.
- You will refrain from taking any action that might slow down Tree-Nation servers and thus prejudice Tree-Nation’s ability to provide its Services to Users or the rights of other Users.
3.2 Only non-commercial use of the Site is authorized
The contents of the Site may not be exploited, reproduced, distributed, modified, published, assigned, transformed or otherwise used for any commercial purpose, unless Tree-Nation has expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
Any use of a standard user profile for commercial use is strictly forbidden. A company may not use a user profile as a company. A user profile must always be an individual and if so desired a representative of a company.
You must not actively market, advertise or communicate with other Tree-Nation Users for commercial purpose, including through the private messaging tool. You must not introduce or suggest commercial or non-for-profit products or services.
4. Company Forests
Notwithstanding the foregoing, companies can use the Site strictly and solely under their Company Forest. A company may exploit its own Company Forest to communicate commercial enterprises via the Company Forest name, description and their purchased and sponsored tree pages, provided that the commercial nature of such enterprise is explicitly and unequivocally stated, and is limited to content created by and/or belonging to that company. Direct advertising of a product or service is not allowed unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any content or messaging activity that do not take place within your own Company Forest is strictly limited to non-corporate users.
5. How Plantations Projects work
Tree-Nation provides a funding platform for Plantation Projects. Users can contribute to Plantation Projects and Plantation Projects use the funds they collect by using our Services to plant trees and perform other related activities – which include but are not limited to infrastructure projects, educational projects, scientific research projects.
When a User contributes to a Plantation Project, the User and the Plantation Project Owner are forming a contract. Tree-Nation is not part of this contract. Here are the terms that govern the contract between contributors and Plantation Projects Owners:
The Plantation Project Owner commits to plant the species mentioned and in the quantities mentioned in each contribution, in a reasonable time span. The Plantation Project Owner is legally bound to perform on this commitement and must do its best to fulfill its commitment with contributors and to communicate regularly and with honesty about its efforts on doing so. At the same time, contributors must understand that planting trees is not an exact science and there are some factors that can escape the Plantation Project Owner control– which include but are not limited to climatic conditions, animal grazing, drouts, fires, human influence, wars, property rights issues. If the Plantation Project Owner is unable to plant the species and the quantities a Contributor contributed for, the Plantation Project Owner must plant any other species which is equivalent in value to the agreed species and in the same quantities.
If a Plantation Project Owner is unable to fulfill its commitment, he has the obligation to work towards a satisfactory solution for both parts. Tree-Nation has no obligation to become involved in disputes between Plantation Projects Owners and contributors, or Users and any third party. Contributors do not gain any rights of ownership to any of the trees planted by the Plantation Project Owner, nor to the use, disposition or possession thereof.
6. For Plantation Projects Owners
All the trees planted as the result of the Plantation Project Owner commitment to a contributor must meet the following requirements:
- To live for a minimum of 10 years. For example, if the technique to plant trees involves “thinning” (an initial high planting density per hectare is reduced to a lower density in the following years by culling the trees), then the Plantation Project Owner may only count the trees that remain for the entire 10 years; If the Plantation Project Owner plans to plant some species that would live less than 10 years, he must inform Tree-Nation about such species and ask Tree-Nation its written approbation to include them within the tree species funded by Tree-Nation. In any case, those species should live a minimum of 6 years.
- Can not belong to or be part of an order from any other company or funder;
- Can not be sold to anyone and under any circumstances. That includes the CO2 sequestered by that tree. Any other product or by-product of the trees is the property of and accrue to the benefit of the Plantation Project Owner. Tree-Nation encourages the Plantation Project Owner to make best economic use of each tree during its life.
- Shall not be cut unless it complies with the aforementioned minimum life expectancy and with the strict condition that the Plantation Project Owner shall immediately after cutting re-plant another tree of the same or greater value at that location. Any replacement tree shall be planted within 12 months of the funded tree having been cut. The cost of re-planting shall be borne by the Plantation Project Owner.
If the Plantation Project Owner has its own web site(s), it may indicate on this website how many trees it has planted as a whole. However, no trees planted with funding from contributions from Tree-Nation Users or by volunteer visitors generated by Tree-Nation shall be credited to any other organization or funder of the Plantation Project Owner. The Plantation Project Owner may ask Tree-Nation to waive or amend this rule at their sole discretion.
6.1 Our fees for Plantation Project Owners
Creating a user account in Tree-Nation is free and Plantation Projects Owners can create Plantation Projects for free. Tree-Nation and our payment partners charge fees to Planting Projects Owners as a portion of the funds they raise. Our fees are listed in the project’s owner administration panel.
We will transfer the funds collected by the Plantation Project at the beginning of each quarter. Tree-Nation takes its fees before transferring the funds to the Plantation Project Owner bank account.
Plantation Projects Owners are responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with their use of our Services.
7. Your intellectual property rights and related obligations
You are fully responsible for the materials that you have submitted to the Site and accept all legal responsibilities for any consequences thereof. Tree-Nation makes no representation or warranty, either expressed or implied, of any kind concerning the materials posted on the Site. Any materials that you or any other user post on the Site or passes through the Site for whatever reasons (including using the Site as means of transmission) will be treated as non-confidential.
You accept and agree that, as a condition of membership, you have agreed to let Tree-Nation and its affiliates freely use (including, but not limited to copying, displaying, distributing, transmitting and modifying) the materials (including but not limited to pictures, comments, questions, ideas and data) posted on the Site, without any compensation, for any purposes including but not limited to, marketing, advertising or developing products by using such information.
We reserves the right to delete any materials deemed inappropriate or for whatsoever reasons without any notice. Tree-Nation is not responsible or liable for any loss of data as a result of this action.
7.1 How we deal with copyright infringements
If you believe that the copyright of your pictures or other materials has been infringed, you should provide Tree-Nation the following through email:
A. Your physical or electronic signature or that of the person authorized to act on your behalf;
B. Description and location (on the Site) of the copyrighted material that you believe has been infringed;
C. Your address, email address, telephone number and other relevant contact information;
D. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided to Tree-Nation is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on his or her behalf.
E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is illegal and not authorized by you and/or the copyright owner and/or its agent, as the case might be;
We will review and investigate the complaint and will reply in the shortest period of time possible. We don’t guarantee any specific and fixed time frame as to when we reply the complaints received. If you believe that an excessive period of time has elapsed, you should resend the above information. In the unfortunate and unlikely event that the complaint has been lost, we might ask you to resend the information provided for the copyright infringement complaint. After reviewing the complaint, it is possible that you may be asked for a physical copy of the above information in addition to an official physical letter signed by you or the person authorized to act on your behalf. A copy of relevant electronic documents might be sent to the person whom the user or Tree-Nation believes to be infringing the copyright of the respective materials.
8. Tree-Nation’s intelectual property
Tree-Nation will monitor the Site and protect all of its intellectual and industrial property rights diligently and with all appropriate resources available to it under Spanish law, reserving the right to pursue any and all available legal options.
We may modify, in our absolute discretion, the contents of the Site, including its configuration and presentation, without any prior notice.
9. Things we are not responsible for
Tree-Nation is not responsible for any harms or losses that might result from the content provided by the Users of this Site. We don’t assume any duty, obligation or responsibility with regard to monitoring or verifying the information provided on the Site by the Users.
You are fully responsible for your use of the Site. Tree-Nation, its affiliates and/or any other party involved in creating or delivering the Site do not claim any responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages of any kind arising out of your use of, access to, ability or inability to use the Site.
Tree-Nation is not responsible for any content of any sites that are linked to, or from the Site. Tree-Nation disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the legality and validity of the contents of such sites. We are not responsible or liable for any harms or losses that arise as a result of such sites.
We make no representations about the quality, safety, morality or legality of any Plantation Project nor the content posted by the Plantation Project on the Site. We have no obligation on monitoring the perfomance of Planting Projects and their planting activities, and we are not responsible for any damages or losses that might result from their use of our Services.
10. Deleting your account
11. Our rights
Tree-Nation reserves the right to terminate membership of any User and to terminate any Corporate Forests or Plantation Projects for any reason in its sole discretion. We are not responsible or liable for any damages- including loss of data- as a result of termination of membership, Corporate Forests or Plantation Projects.
Tree-Nation reserves the right to terminate the Site or any Services or any content of the Site at anytime for any reasons, with or without notice. Tree-Nation will not be responsible and liable for any damages or losses, including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages and losses that arise as a result of the termination of the Site.
12. General information about us
We provide you with Tree-Nation’s general information in accordance with Article 10 of Act 34/2002, of 11 July 2002, on information society services and electronic commerce:
- Owner: Neovee Solutions, S.L.
- HQ address: Calle Zamora 46, 4º 4ª, 08005 Barcelona, Spain,
- Tax ID Nº (NIF): B64201965
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: +34 931620033
13. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services at your own risk.
TREE-NATION PROVIDES ITS SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE.